Based in downtown NYC, CourseHorse is the first marketplace that helps people discover & enroll in trusted local classes, ranging from casual programs like cooking & art, to professional courses like finance and programming. We believe that learning is the single greatest way to positively impact individuals & our society, which makes our goal simple: to make lifelong learning easier.
We've just raised an additional round of capital in order to attach rocket-boosters to this Horse, and we're seeking passionate, talented team members to get in on the ground floor & help steer us to the stars.
Why you want to work at CourseHorse:
- Amazing team: We’re all entrepreneurs that believe in, trust and teach each other everyday
- Impact: Sell something that genuinely helps people! We’re changing the face of education: we’re not only impacting the way people find classes, but also our society’s fundamental relationship to learning (and will tell you more when we chat!)
- Independence: The reins are in your hands: we’ll provide the tools and training but you control your own destiny, and can work from the comfort of your own home
- Learning: You'll build a very particular set of skills that will help you throughout the rest of your career – as an education company, team member development is priority #1
- Fame: Check out our brief cameo in the Avengers' movie
CourseHorse is seeking a marketing intern with the perfect mix of creativity and a knack for numbers. This internship will offer a hands-on experience in marketing at a fast growing start-up as you help us merchandise the thousands of classes on our site via partnerships, email marketing& communications, as well as other larger strategic initiatives.
You'll be working on a small, savvy marketing team tasked with optimizing user growth, engagement and revenue.
Every week, you will have the opportunity:
- Launch, measure and improve our communication strategy across CourseHorse and our partner network
- Pitch new marketing & promotional ideas to maximize revenue potential of our existing partner network
- Deliver compelling content that results in the best possible sales conversion and user experience
- Plan, coordinate and launch strategic marketing initiatives across advertising and partnership channels
- Project manage the execution of site updates, email campaigns and digital marketing programs.
- Coordinate the development of creative content and new site enhancement releases.
- Analyze web and email analytics information for optimizing traffic and sales
- Write and edit customer-focused copy that meets brand voice and style
You will excel in this role if you have:
- Desire to help with all stages of the marketing funnel, from customer acquisition to business development
- Strong creative writing and communication skills
- A high level of organization and attention to the little details that make marketing & advertising outstanding
- An interest to learn CRMs (SailThru a plus!), Google Analytics, HTML and CSS
- A passion for learning and improving quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
- Above all, a positive, can-do attitude and extraordinary hustle
In your Cover Letter, please include:
- A writing sample
- Your favorite ecommerce site & why